Should you travel to undergo rehab? Many people have done so and found that Texas rehabilitation centers are ideal destinations for beginning their journeys to recovery. What makes these facilities stand out? In fact, there are three distinguishing advantages of doing rehab in the Lone Star State.
1. Everything’s Bigger in Texas
Texas rehabilitation centers don’t trade in their home-like settings in favor of becoming large facilities. However, operators have long since realized that acquiring a large property is advantageous. Whereas many cities elsewhere feature rehab centers in downtown areas, Texas operators place theirs on 20-acre parcels of land. Doing so benefits program participants tremendously.
For starters, it’s much easier to relax and overcome anxiety in a serene setting. Secondly, nature plays a pivotal role in regaining physiological and psychological wellness. Moreover, a large property keeps prying eyes at bay. Because confidentiality is a significant concern when entering rehab, be sure to choose a facility with a large buffer zone.
2. Most Texas Rehabilitation Centers Understand the Importance of Trauma Treatment
You started using drugs for a reason. Maybe there were unresolved situations from the past that you can’t overcome. Perhaps you feel like you have to keep unwelcome thoughts or emotions away. Drugs will dull these or make you forget about them for a little while.
Trauma therapy helps you get to the root of your addiction. You understand why you started using. Next, you find ways to overcome the traumatic experience. You deal with it through a variety of modalities while working with an addiction specialist.
3. Evidence-Based Therapies Create an In-Depth Healing Environment
Most rehab centers provide you with a small grouping of therapies. At Texas rehabilitation centers, operators believe in the power of variety. Not all approaches work for everyone. By having numerous treatment options, there’s sure to be something for anyone.
- Dual diagnosis assessment and treatment that benefits program participants with a co-occurring mental health disorder such as anxiety or depression
- Cognitive behavioral therapy that focuses on dysfunctional pattern recognition and change
- Dialectical behavior therapy as a means for learning emotional regulation in situations you can’t change
- Family therapy, which becomes instrumental in creating healthy boundaries and communication styles
- Experiential therapies that include music, art, and yoga therapy as tools for stress management and introspection
- Onsite detoxification, which makes it possible to transition immediately to rehab without the lag time that could result in relapse
- Extended stay options that allow for 30 or 90-day treatment, depending on your needs
If you’ve been wondering how to overcome the addiction you’re struggling with, consider a trip to Texas. Caring therapists at the Woodlands Recovery Centers want to help you start on the road to healing. You don’t have to continue suffering and hoping for change. Make it happen today by calling (855)752-3377!